Saturday 23 November 2013

First Post: Pleased to meet you!

First post! It's always a difficult place to start isn't it, the very start. So full of expectation and a fair bit of apprehension too.

Anyway lets get started - I should probably tell you a bit about myself, I'm a 30 year old beauty student in my first year at college and I live in Scotland with my Fiancé and my cat.

I don't look much like a typical beauty student apparently, I am plus size for a start and I am quite heavily tattooed and pierced. Now to be honest I never put any thought into my appearance and how that would affect my studies, after all we are who we are, but I noticed that I seem to stand out for all the wrong reasons from my classmates and I've come up against a bit of scrutiny from some people and also a lot of people seem genuinely surprised when I tell them my chosen subject.

Sure I spend some days dressed in black and punky clothes, listening to heavy metal and adding to my tattoo collection but the truth is, I'm such a girly girl at heart! My favourite colour is pink (even my engagement ring is pink!), I love glitter and make up, I have Jem and the Holograms and My Little Pony tattoos and my Daddy still calls me Princess. I love teaming my outfits with bright funky jewellery and I love geeky clothing like my beloved batman letterman jacket or my Buzz Lightyear hoodie.
I enjoy a variety of different looks - one day I'll look like I'm off to a Motorhead concert and the next I will look like I should be on a kids TV programme! But I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Another thing that I hold very dear to my heart is the sea and everything in it but especially sharks. There is just something fascinating about them. Its heartbreaking that humans are destroying them at such a rapid rate and it is something that I do feel strongly about.

In this blog you can expect to find me musing about everyday occurrences, Sharks, definitely some make up and beauty chat and I am starting to think about planning my wedding so there will be a bit of that too.

I will leave it there for now and hope I haven't bored you to death! Until next time, be happy and remember to sparkle :)

Gayle x


  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gayle

    I love every bit of your blog. Not only do you have a talent with your makeup but you have a real talent expressing youself in your writing.

    love


    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete