Sunday 23 March 2014

EOS Lip balm

I didn't know what these things were called at all, A friend of mine had been to America on holiday and brought back this weird looking pod shaped lip balm and I remember being fascinated by the shape of it.
Nearly two years later I spotted the same weird wee pod on a make up tutorial on Youtube and at last it had a name! EOS or Evolution of smooth to be precise. A quick Amazon search later and I had purchased a pack of five and waited impatiently to get my tiny little hands on them. Apparently they were also featured in a Miley Cyrus video and lots of other celebs have been instagramming about them. I don't really follow celeb culture very much so I was amused that I was very on trend for once!

Finally they arrived!
They are so cute and colourful and they smell soooo good! Each one is packed with shea butter and jojoba so your lips feel lovely and soft almost instantly.
Green - Honeysuckle honeydew   Purple - Passion fruit  Blue - Sweet mint  
Red - Summer fruits  Pink - Strawberry sorbet.

My favourites are sweet mint and strawberry sorbet, The sweet mint one has a little tingle to it and it smells and tastes like softmints/mentos. The strawberry sorbet smells just like its name suggests and it does leave a slight sweetness on your lips.
The others are very pleasant and quite subtle and they all smell exactly as you would expect them to going by their names. The only one that I wasn't really keen on was the summer fruits, I found it a bit sharp and tart for my tastes - however do not weep for this disregarded pod as it has made its way to a new home with an owner who loves it.

                                                This is what they look like inside.
When I twisted it apart the first thing I noticed was the insulated lid (my Dad is an engineer so I always notice structure first!) The beauty of this is that it means that your little lip balm wont melt in your pocket or anywhere else you store it. Nothing worse than a gloopy melted lip balm! The shape and texture of the balm itself is perfectly designed for a no mess and no fuss application and it leaves a really nice natural shine on your lips with no feathering or slipping or a yucky after taste.
It is perfect on its own and it is also fine under lipstick too and it doesn't cause your lipstick to slide off after 5 minutes. I also use mine constantly and they haven't changed shape or look worn down at all.
I am totally sold on these and I would definitely recommend them. I found them on Amazon.co.uk and there is a huge selection of flavours and colours, I can't wait to try out some different ones.

Leave me a comment if you have any questions or if you are an EOS user and tell me what flavour you prefer.

Love and Sparkles x


No comments:

Post a Comment